Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Hearts, Swirls, and Green

Greenback?
Nope.

Green around the gills?
Hopefully not for a while again.

Green in the Garden! That's right, spring is right around the corner here - stuff is popping up (which is good, because I forget what I stuck where last fall). Boy its been a long time since I've gardened!
Paul & I checked out plants at Home Depot this weekend - they're looking better now than they ever will for the rest of the year. I felt frenzied to get some good ones before everybody else in SE realized that they should be doing the same. The shrubs were pretty unappealing, but a couple specimen trees really caught my eye: Harry Lauder's Walking Stick, and The Salix discolor (AKA Pussy Willow). Unfortunately, they both carry a hefty price tag ($50 - $75). I am particularly in love with the Pussy Willow, because they remind me of the one we used to have in the side yard at my growing up house. Anyway, on to the hearts and swirls.

As you know, today is the overblown holiday of Valentine's Day (which oddly, usually comes out of my mouth as, "Thanksgiving.") Paul & I ruefully comply, citing that we could just do this on our own whenever we feel like it. So tonight we'll exchange little gifts, cards, and kisses (aw,) and we'll enjoy it, damn it.

'Swirls' refers to the design I toothpicked into the marshmallows I made for my Baby Boot Camp moms today. I wanted to bring them something sweet in honor of the holiday, without causing them to hold contempt for me. So I gave them each a marshmallow, recommending that they find a moment in the future to enjoy it (quietly, if possible) with/in a cup of hot chocolate. Mmmmm... they are awesome in hot chocolate - especially at a ratio of 1:1.

Happy V-Day
-A

No comments: