Ok, folks, well today I'm sharing MORE (MORE - More - more) secrets to successful fat burning workouts!
If your exercise routine begins with rolling out of bed, please, for goodness sakes, please eat something! Research shows that after fasting all night, morning workouts will be 20-25% less effective (you'll move >20% slower & therefore burn >20% fewer calories) unless you eat something before the workout.
- If your goal is to lose body fat, pick a low-glycemic index food, encouraging your body to use stored fat energy for exercise fuel rather than the food you just ate.
- For example, eat a quarter of an apple, a few spoonfuls of yogurt, a half glass of skim milk, a handful of dates.
If you're dieting (ie, significantly reducing the number of calories you eat per day with the goal of losing fat), please incorporate exercise into the program.
- With dieting alone, studies show that up to 28% of the weight lost is muscle. This causes your metabolism to slooooowwwww down, resetting the vicious dieting cycle.
- With dieting plus regular cardiovascular exercise, approx. 4% of body weight lost is muscle.
- With dieting plus resistance training, individuals lose less than 1% of their original muscle mass.
See, now isn't that nice? I'd love to hear if you're trying any of these strategies!