Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dieting Tips


I lost 8 pounds in one day!
Ask me how at www.pukeyourselfthin.com

I'm off the wagon though, and the first thing I wanted: HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup). All last evening and this morning I kept trying, and finally my body said "Ok, but..."

If you're in the market for some good HFCS, try Chex Mix Turtle Bars. They're in the cereal aisle at the grocery, and they are awesome. Caramelly sweet, salty, & crunchy with chocolate on them. AND they're a "Good source of WHOLE GRAIN!*" (Surprisingly, asterisk turned out to not be a disclaimer.)
Anyway, I was about to get Nature Valley Peanut Butter Granola Bars -- you know, the ones that come 2-per pack, are a little dry & crumbly but do the job -- but when I compared Nutrition Fact labels, the Turtle bars had twice as much fiber (4), the same amount of sugar (11) (but fewer carbs, if you care about that), a little less protein (2), and less fat (3.5)v.
My verdict: given the choice between a healthy looking granola bar and a candy bar looking 'Bar,' pick the one with chocolate on top! After all, a granola bar is a TREAT, not a SNACK, or worse yet, BREAKFAST!!


Whew. Guess I'm feeling better. Happy New Year's Resolutions. That was your free tip.

-A

No comments: