Thursday, July 27, 2006

Rusty, dirty, chipped, salvaged. Junk?


It's art if you make it so!* The flower was priced at $180.

On Tuesday I went to a
Garden Art Show at McMenamins (missing an apostophe?) Edgefield. It was a really cool place, and it was packed with garden art. Vendors who made their art from greater than 70% recycled materials were invited.
The place was crawling with women - in straw hats and Mom Jeans - and their poor husbands who were used as "reserved" signs that said, "My wife has dibs on this," while their wives waited in line to pay. Sadly, it looked a little cut throat at times.
Nonetheless I think I would go again.
-A

*The word 'art' expressed in this Blog is that used by the Garden Art Show producers and is not necessarily the same word used by the individual blogger herself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course it's 'art'! Remember what our friend Brad has been selling as 'art'?

Anonymous said...

I believe that it is McMenamins-no-apostrophe-"s" because it is the McMenamin brothers who own the place...but wait...shouldn't it then be McMenamins'? That's probably what you meant in the first place, too, right? Geez. I need more sleep.

(This useless comment brought to you by Science Majors 'R Us.)

Anonymous said...

Annie, it's your bro here...You actually paid $180 for that flower?!?! I mean, I understand its intrinsic (70% recycled materials) value. But, $180!?!?! I'm glad you want to do a good thing for the planet, I recycle too by-the-way, but $180?!?! Tell you what...You call me once in a while and I'll make you any yard decoration you desire from 100% recycled materials. (I can't promise it'll be quite as neat as that flower...but, $180!!!!).
p.s. if the family's last name is McMenamin...then the business needs an apostophy "s"...if their last name is McMenamins...The way I understand it is, the name should have an "s" apostrophy. ie: McMenamins'...anyway, I'm usually wrong, and probablly am again in this case.
P.S, - This is what part of the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were eliminated.
Love,
Matthew