Sunday, September 14, 2008

We had no internet last Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning due to technical difficulties. For nearly 12 hours I couldn't look up how long to can tomato sauce, what GU 63 means, and how much a bumbo seat cost. But since then we're back in touch, so I've been able to check Ike's storm track, download an infant growth chart, and check my Facebook, of course.

I'm no internet junkie, but it felt a little freeing to not be able to run to the computer for every question that comes up. I've been doing it ever since my Bro showed me Alta Vista during one of my trips home from college. At my first job as a Fitness Technician at SSC, my 'advice' to all the middle-aged not yet internet savvy civil servants involved the internet. Looking for a home gym? Check on EBay! What's your BMI? Calculate it at CDC.gov! Tough-to-answer exercise question? Go Ask Alice!

So.... I have decided to remove the internet from my life on one day per week. I'm thinking Tuesdays. Yeah, no-internet Tuesdays! (Yes, no-technology Tuesdays sounds pretty good too, but Biggest Loser is on Tuesdays.) Not ironically, I was unable to find a "giving up the internet contract, but plenty of abstinence contracts that I will attempt to appropriately modify. Until then, you can keep check by looking at my google connection status and checking for me on your Blog stat counter!

OK, enough of that, here's some baby A photo updates:

Playing in the Bumbo


Where'd the hair go?, originally uploaded by apkoski.


Practicing with the bottle:




No comments: