Thursday, February 02, 2006

We paid to do what?


Wow, it's been a while since I've put something on this thing. Just thought I'd drop a little something on something Anne and I are planning. While at work one day, I got a news letter type thing. Turns out that the Corps of Engineers has a Hood to Coast Relay team (called the Dam Runners, it's a work thing...) and they were looking for people to join up. Having heard of it before, I thought it would be a pretty cool experience. Long story short, Anne and I are going to take part. It's a 197 mile relay race from Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood to the Oregon Coast at Seaside. It's the largest relay race in North America with 1,000 teams (each with 12 runners). We'll each be running 3 legs, probably averaging about 6 or so miles each. Anne has a leg up on training seeing as how she is training up for a half-marathon in a couple of months. No worries though, I'll catch up soon enough... More to come on this one for sure.

No comments: